Monday, May 31, 2010

Candida Part 2

Do you remember Candida? If you don't click Here for a little refresher. Basically it is an over growth of yeast in the body and to get rid of it, one would have to go on a very strict diet. It starts with eating Vegetables, lean meats, and nuts for a couple weeks, then you can add Fruit, then you can add Beans, then you can add brown rice. There were a lot of questions that I wanted to answer. This is basically a gluten free diet. I don't think I could do a gluten free diet forever, but there are some great benefits from eating gluten free. The benefits were fabulous. I lost 15 lbs (which is all I should probably lose) and I lost a little gut. Before I would get really bad migraines. The first week of the cleanse I got the worse migraine I had ever gotten, but then I never got another headache while I was on the cleanse. I also felt better. And for the most part... all the cravings were gone. I just had a lot of energy. BUT... sometimes I just wanted a treat even if I didn't crave it. That was a little hard. So if I were to ever do it again, I think I would allow myself a little something something now and then. Now the main reason I started the cleanse is because I had trouble with infertility. My body wouldn't ovulate. I went to the doctor and they put me on clomid... it would work one week and then the next month it wouldn't work. Then they would up the dosage and we would go through the same cycle. After a while, I just couldn't handle it anymore. I didn't like what the drugs were doing to my body and I didn't want to keep taking more. I felt that it was just covering up my symptoms rather than taking care of them. It was also the easy way out. So searched out some natural help and found out I have Candida. So I went on the cleanse. I was on the cleanse for four months. And during that time I didn't ovulate. So finally I stopped. I thought I would still eat healthy, but we were going to just stop fertility helps and begin the adoption process. Well, the cleanse worked... I guess I did clean out my body and I guess I did ovulate because a month after I stopped the cleanse, I found out I was pregnant. I have been meaning to do this follow up email for quite a while, but I wanted to do it after I felt comfortable telling others I was pregnant. So if you know someone who struggles with infertility, please tell them about this or tell them to go see some kind of naturalist that won't just give drugs to cover up symptoms. As for me now... I am not on the cleanse... far from it. I like food... a lot. I am eating more than I have ever ate, but I know I will do Candida again.

8 comments:

Kathy Haynie said...

Yay! Cameo, congratulations. I am soooo happy for you! I hope you'll continue to post from time to time to keep us updated on your wonderful pregnancy, and to encourage all of us to live healthier lives that bring us to our goals. Thank you for sharing your wonderful news.

Lisa Lou said...

Hey Congrats! I'm really interested about Candida so thanks for posting this follow-up.

Bonnie-Jean said...

Such wonderful news! Congratulations... I hope everything goes smoothly for you! :)

Janie said...

WOOHOO!!! That's awesome news. :)

alee said...

Congratulations! That is really interesting- glad it "worked"! :)

Katie Lewis said...

Yay Cameo! Congratulations!!

Josh and Alice said...

Cameo!!! That is so exciting!!!!!!!! I can't wait to hear how everything goes.

Sylvia Louise said...

I'm so happy for you guys! I was hoping for an update and wondering how things were going. Congratulations!

We'd love to hear from you!

Want to write a guest post for The Skinny? E-mail Katie at kathleenann08 (at) gmail (dot) com.