Saturday, April 2, 2011

Kathy Week 66: Oh, Fickle Scale!

Ugh. 137 this morning.

Here is how the week went with my scale:
Last Saturday 136
Sunday 135
Monday 136
Tuesday 136
Wednesday 135
Thursday 134 !! Woo hoo!!   :)
Friday 135
Saturday 137!?! You've got to be kidding.

How did I gain 2 pounds after I spent a whole hour sweating while I pushed the lawnmower around yesterday afternoon? (It's a BIG lawn, believe me - good exercise!) Could one dinner of pizza followed by a 100-calorie ice cream cup and a serving of bread pudding really do that to me? Water retention?? I don't know.

I keep reminding myself that it's about living healthy. I am on a downward trend, weight-wise, even if the trend isn't moving as quickly as I'd like.

Here's a quick recap of my weight on April 2 over the last 5 years:
2007 132
2008 138
2009 147
2010 141
2011 137

So I do know that I'm headed in the right direction. I just have to keep on keepin' on!
Maybe I'll have something exciting to report next Saturday, but my scale seems to delight in going UP on Saturday mornings...

I've been continuing to run and do other healthy exercise. This week I "ran" an errand by running to Walgreens! And I mowed our huge backyard yesterday during a brief sun break--that got my heart rate up and I was sweating for an hour, tussling with that mower.

Here are a couple of recipes I'll be using this week.

The first one is a new one for me:
Crockpot Chicken-Rice Soup.
It meets my 3 main criteria: easy, healthy, and delicious.

I'll let you know next week how it turns out.





The next one is for Mango Smoothies, from the Clean book by Alejandro Junger that I mentioned a couple of weeks ago.
Once again, it meets my criteria: simple, healthy, and yummy!!
It's perfect for an after-school snack.

Mango Smoothies
makes 2 servings

1 1/2 cups coconut milk (unsweetened)
1 cup frozen mango chunks (I like to cut them smaller before blending)
1/2 cup pineapple chunks (I use the pineapple tidbits)
2 tsp agave nectar (or honey)
1/2 cup ice

Blend until smooth - pour into 2 glasses - enjoy!

Have a great week, Skinnies!

1 comment:

Polly @ Pieces by Polly said...

I'd love to hear how the soup goes...I need to use more crock-pot recipes...cause I never want to cook as dinner time approaches. :)

And that's a bummer about the scale...but hang in there, it will keep going down.

We'd love to hear from you!

Want to write a guest post for The Skinny? E-mail Katie at kathleenann08 (at) gmail (dot) com.