Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A healthy(ish) snack for a sweet tooth

Hi guys.

It's me, Lauren and today I'm going to let you in on a little not-so secret.....

I have a terrible sweet tooth.

It is the one thing that derails my healthy eating quicker than anything.

So, I thought I'd share a new snack that is healthy(ish) that satisfies my sweet tooth.

Dark Chocolate & Pistachio Covered Apricots


AND..... even better..... they're super easy to make.

Here's the "recipe":

Ingredients

½ cup dark chocolate chips
(or dark chocolate squares chopped)
24 dried apricots
4 tbs. chopped pistachios

Recipe

Melt chocolate chips. 
Dip half of each apricot in chocolate. 
Place on waxed paper. 
Sprinkle with pistachios. 
Let chocolate set in fridge.
Serving size: 4 apricots
Calories: 140
Happy snacking!

P.S.  I'm having a giveaway over at my blog.  Le Creuset baking dishes....perfect for baking up healthy meals :).  Check it out!

5 comments:

Dorothy said...

Ooooh. I want some.

Katie Lewis said...

Oooh! Those look yummy! Although I might leave out the apricot.


...just kidding. :)

Kathy Haynie said...

This would make a special treat. Thanks for sharing the recipe, Lauren!

Lisa Lou said...

oh yum yum yum. I really need to make these. now.

Marae said...

mmm. sometimes i forget about dried apricots (i should not). i really really love them with walnuts. and will have to try this!

We'd love to hear from you!

Want to write a guest post for The Skinny? E-mail Katie at kathleenann08 (at) gmail (dot) com.