Saturday, March 2, 2013

Chicken, Vegetable, and Orzo Soup

Mark and I both love this Weight Watchers recipe I tried out last week.

(click on the title for the recipe)


One of the vegetables in the recipe is fennel. I haven't cooked with it much before, but I'm finding that I like it. A lot. It cooks up kind of like onion, has a mild flavor. Mmmmm....

Another little trick to the recipe is to add 1/4 cup of lemon juice to the soup just before serving. Gave the soup a lovely little tangy flavor.

I bought one of those little roasted chickens at the deli section - Mark helped me cut up the meat and we used that in the soup. It was really delicious.

I also added 2 cups of spinach leaves, cut up, just before adding the lemon juice. It added some nice greens, and I will definitely do that again.

This recipe makes 8 servings, which is quite a lot for just the two of us, but it kept well in the fridge all week and made for delicious, healthy "left-over" lunches.

I made a batch of my favorite bran muffins to go with this wonderful soup.

No comments:

We'd love to hear from you!

Want to write a guest post for The Skinny? E-mail Katie at kathleenann08 (at) gmail (dot) com.