Wednesday, March 17, 2010

My Breakfast Lately

I think you all know (from of course very meticulously reading every post I write) that I had been eating good ol' Cracklin Oat Bran for breakfast every day.  When I started The Skinny I was eating about 1 1/2 cups of Cracklin Oat Bran and 3/4 cup of 1% milk every day for breakfast.  Overtime I've been eating less and less and was down to about 1/2 cup of each.  I certainly haven't been trying to cut back on my cereal all that much or anything, I just found over time that I didn't want or need to eat that much to stay full in the mornings.  But after a while even the wonderful Cracklin Oat Bran was starting to seem like too much.  So I switched.


I first switched some regular Kashi Go Lean since we had some in our cupboard, but I'm not nuts about those little twig things.  So when I saw the Kashi Go Lean Crunch! in the cereal isle I decided to give it a try.  And it's great!  So now for breakfast every morning I have:


about a half a cup of Kashi Go Lean Crunch!

and about a half a cup of 1% milk
(No, I don't usually measure things out anymore, but the whole gallon of milk just didn't look very picturesque on the tray.)

And I stay full all morning long.

What are you all eating for breakfast these days?

10 comments:

Kathy Haynie said...

Same ol' same ol' for me.
1/2 cup steel cut oats (after it's cooked)
1 Tbl agave nectar
1/4 cup egg substitute, scrambled
1/2 piece of fruit: pear, grapefruit, mango, etc. (depending on what's ripe)
16 oz. water
That lasts me till noon - we eat at 6:30 am.

Katie Lewis said...

:( Your breakfast sounds a lot yummier than mine.

Lisa Lou said...

Um, the past week: nothing or something incredibly unhealthy (strawberry and nutella crepes, ice cream, cookies...)
Thanks for this post. I need to get back on schedule of oatmeal and frozen berries. Oh! I just remembered some frozen bananas I have in the freezer! Smoothies here I come!

alee said...

Diet Dr. Pepper with vanilla from Sonic....okay, so not the best breakfast :)

I like to switch up my cereals, but I usually have some sort of cereal and skim milk every day...with a banana or fresh berries if I have any ripe ones on hand.

Kathy Haynie said...

Ladies, ladies, grab some protein! It will kick-start your metabolism in the mornings!

emmalou said...

Yeah.. I admit that I just have cereal most days. The sugary kind. But my mother-in-law has had a toasted english muffin with peanut butter for breakfast for decades. She refuses to have anything else!

alee said...

I know I should have protein, I just can't find anything I like enough that early in the morning!

alee said...

Okay- so I tried hard this morning after the gym to find a good breakfast. One piece of honey wheat toast with all-natural peanut butter, one egg (scrambled), and a glass of milk. :)

Kathy Haynie said...

Good girl! I'll bet you have a lot of energy today. Did it taste good to you?

Marae said...

mmm...love the golean cereals. and cracklin' oat bran, but i like that more as a snack in a bag.

i eat a couple pieces of fruit and a piece of whole rye toast with peanut butter. it is goood.

We'd love to hear from you!

Want to write a guest post for The Skinny? E-mail Katie at kathleenann08 (at) gmail (dot) com.