Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Katie's Lunch



Okay, ignore that yummy looking fruit parfait in the background for now.  We'll get to that in a minute.  Just thought I'd share my "recipe" for what I have for lunch just about every single day.

Ingredients:
1 whole wheat bagel  (My favorite are the Thomas brand ones.)
1 TBS roasted red pepper hummus  (I've been using Athenos brand.)
1 slice cheddar cheese (Tillamook, please.)
2 slices deli turkey (And if you're still buying that nasty pre-packaged stuff, you really have got to at least try
     fresh deli meat.  It's so much better.)
1/2 cup baby spinach or lettuce

Toast the bagel.  Spread the hummus on both sides of the bagel.  Top with cheese, deli turkey, and spinach.

I usually have this with a small salad, half of a green bell pepper, or some snap peas.  Oh, and I know it's not in the picture, but I also usually have 8oz (1 cup) carrot juice as well.  Yum!

Happy lunching!

If anyone has great simple, healthy, yummy lunch ideas please share them in the comments!  Thanks!


4 comments:

Kathy Haynie said...

Bagels can be more calorie-dense than bread, so just be sure you read labels to get what you want. Sounds yummy!

Marae said...

that looks
so
good...

emmalou said...

I totally agree about Thomas brand whole wheat bagels! I LOVE them! I ate almost a whole bag of them the week of my marathon. And that lunch looks and sounds amazing!

Kathy Haynie said...

I must mention that I like the camera angle on this food photo much better than the photo I took of my breakfast. I will learn from the master!

We'd love to hear from you!

Want to write a guest post for The Skinny? E-mail Katie at kathleenann08 (at) gmail (dot) com.