Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Katie: Week 34

Well...

Current weight: 132 pounds
Last week's weight: 132 pounds
Total weight loss: 38 pounds

 
I am at the same weight that I was last week.  Blah.  It has been a bit of a blah week in the eating and exercising department.  Or, rather, it's been a lot of ups and downs--some really good days and some sort of naughty days (but the homemade spaghetti and meatballs with our friends were totally worth it).  I think I'm doing my best, but it just doesn't seem to be panning out quite the way I hope.  Hopefully it was just a weird week and this isn't a sign that I'm starting to level off and the last few extra pounds are really going to be super hard to lose.

That being said, as much as I'd like to go on to say, "I'm going to do even better this week and try even harder!" well, realistically, I just don't think it's going to happen.  We'll have family visiting for the next few weeks and since we won't be at home all the time, I plan to eat whatever everyone else is eating and not stress about it.  So it's possible that I could gain a pound or two over the next couple of weeks.  I hope it doesn't happen and I'm still going to try and exercise and do my best to eat good portions, but there's really only so much you can do.

Also, I've been super mega good about entering everything in on MyFitnessPal.com.  I haven't missed a day since I started.  But I think I will be missing days during these next couple of weeks.  I'll do my best, but I just don't know how good my best is going to be for the next little bit.

However, once all the fun family times have subsided I definitely plan to continue on with my good eating and exercising habits.  But I just thought I'd give you all (well, and myself) notice that my progress may not be the same for the next couple of weeks.  Wish me luck in not backtracking too much!

Oh, and I do have one little bit of good news.  Well, two little bits of good news, actually.

1. I fit into some cute capris that I haven't fit into in FOREVER!
2. Yesterday I made myself a cute little top and I made it in size SMALL!  Woot woot! 

Happy Tuesday everyone!

2 comments:

Kathy Haynie said...

Ooh, that would be fun to see a photo of you in the cute capris and top. It feels so good to fit into smaller clothes!

I think you are wise to be realistic about enjoying family time--with eating in moderation--and pick up on the more "diligent" efforts again when life calms down.

Congratulations on maintaining a good weight in your plan!

Marae said...

yay for size small! i just bought a shirt at gap and ben said, "do you usually buy large?" and i said, "have you SEEN these?!" men. anyway, good job!

We'd love to hear from you!

Want to write a guest post for The Skinny? E-mail Katie at kathleenann08 (at) gmail (dot) com.