Thursday, April 7, 2011

A short report

Week 1 - 147.6

Well, tonight's report is going to be quick...long days with a little one around! Basically I didn't do that well. I tried to drink more water, but most days my efforts were mediocre. I thought and wished for more balanced meals, but it just didn't happen between my baby boy and work-a-holic husband. I can say that I got exercise every day...sometimes it wasn't more than a walk pushing Leo in his stroller, but it was at least something.

So here I go, trying again this next week...

1 comment:

Kathy Haynie said...

Good for you, Alex! I am impressed that you are getting out for some fresh air and exercise every day.

Balanced meals don't have to be fancy. Make sure you have vegies and fruits on hand that are easy to eat, no matter what. Buy a head of celery and wash/cut it up while you put the groceries away. Then you can grab a handful of celery sticks and dip them in hummus anytime for a snack/meal that is balanced and healthy. Ditto with baby carrot sticks. No cooking or prep required.

If you don't already have some, buy some brown rice (I prefer short grain) next time you're at the store. The short grain rice won't be in the regular section, but they often have it in bulk sections. Pick up an inexpensive rice cooker (about $15) if you don't already have one. Then you can throw some rice and water into the cooker anytime and ignore it till the little light goes off. Voila! The proportions are always the same: 1 part rice to 2 parts water. That's all you need.

Keep a water bottle handy and try to drink 8 oz every time Leo nurses.

You're a pro! Looking forward to the Week 2 update.

We'd love to hear from you!

Want to write a guest post for The Skinny? E-mail Katie at kathleenann08 (at) gmail (dot) com.