Saturday, April 9, 2011

Kathy Week 67: Off Track

My week got complicated.

On Sunday evening my husband noticed a sore red bump on his forehead. We thought it was a bad bug bit. It was much worse by Tuesday afternoon, so I took him to the doctor.

Diagnosis: Shingles.

Ugh.

Shingles is a painful reappearance of the chicken pox virus. It usually appears in older adults. So far, Mark's case seems to be relatively mild, but it's still no fun. Between taking him to doctor appointments and running to the pharmacy and trying to be a good, sympathetic nurse...I didn't get any exercise this week after the Monday night yoga class. :( I wasn't able to pull together very many "real" healthy meals.

Bottom line: weight 136 this morning.

Mark is beginning to perk up, and I'm hopeful to get back into a better routine this week.

(But last week, I really did RUN an errand! Hahaha!)

No comments:

We'd love to hear from you!

Want to write a guest post for The Skinny? E-mail Katie at kathleenann08 (at) gmail (dot) com.