Sunday, April 10, 2011

Hello, it's me again...

No, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth.  Yes, I do still remember The Skinny.  I just haven't had much to say for a while.  And weighing in hasn't been my thing.  Mostly, I just haven't had a whole lot of direction with how I want to take care of my body.  I'll spare you the excuses.  But today I've been thinking a lot more seriously about wanting to make a change (or changes, probably) and be a better steward over my body.

I'm going to try writing on The Skinny again.  It may not be on Tuesdays.  It may not be once a week.  And I may not bother weighing in anymore.  Not because I'm embarrassed about my weight (I'm 140 today), but because I want to focus more on healthy living than on the scale.  Of course I'll still weigh myself, but what I'm saying here now is that I'm making no commitments to be consistent about when I post on here or what I post about.

That being said, I'm still not sure yet what my plan is going to be.  My mother-in-law has been chatting with me about Weight Watchers this afternoon and it sounds great, but I'm not up for paying for weight loss and I don't have an i pod to keep track of it all on.  And of course those things aren't fundamental, but I think they do help.

Anyway, I'm going to try to work out a good little plan for myself.  In the mean time, if you all want to pray for the snow to be over and done with here, that would be okay with me.

1 comment:

Kathy Haynie said...

Amen to "bye bye snow!" It's good to have you back on The Skinny.

We'd love to hear from you!

Want to write a guest post for The Skinny? E-mail Katie at kathleenann08 (at) gmail (dot) com.