Monday, September 20, 2010

Rainy, Race Running

Wow. We've had quite a slow week here on The Skinny, eh? I mean, I've been waiting for new posts and almost forgot it was my day! Hopefully everybody else has just been too busy with excellent activities to sit and write a post. But here I am, ready to talk running.

For those of you not keeping track, the Best Dam Run and Walk is this Saturday! I can't wait to run a PR in such a beautiful setting with my sweet sis. She is 8 weeks pregnant (uh... I think I'm allowed to share that) and very excited to make this race her last hurrah before motherhood. As for me, I registered for another race. October 16th is the Blue Lake Run and Walk, a very flat course in another scenic setting. I registered to run the 15k. This race is cheap (just went up to $30, I think) AND preregistered participants receive a technical tee as well as running gloves and all the yummy food at the end! I can't think of a better way to end my race season this year.

Now, what kind of inspiring running treat do I have for you today? Just this: when your shoes are still wet from your run in the rain two days ago and they soak your socks the moment you lace up, think that the rain fairies will keep you light on your toes and give you a special pedicure as you run. Enjoy!

(But also be sure to cross your fingers that it won't be rainy on race day... for safety's sake, of course.)

1 comment:

Kathy Haynie said...

Looking forward to the run...er...walk. See you there!

We'd love to hear from you!

Want to write a guest post for The Skinny? E-mail Katie at kathleenann08 (at) gmail (dot) com.