Saturday, September 11, 2010

Kathy Week 37: I am STILL the tortoise

Kathy's Week 37 Stats:
Last Week's Weight: 131
Today's Weight: 128
Starting Weight: 151
Total Weight Loss: 23 pounds

Slow but steady... 

I'm ok with a weight of 128 this week. It's within one pound of my goal weight, 127, and I know that it's normal to have a 1-2 pound fluctuation up and down. 

School started this week, so I was back to work. 

Good news: back to work means structured eating--away from the home fridge--during the day.
Bad news: I'm tired when I get home, and I have a tendency to go all snack-o-mania in the late afternoon / evening.

I really need to get back into my school schedule of earlier bedtime. Staying up until 10:30 pm two nights in a row made me draggy on Thursday and Friday afternoons.

Research backs me up! Two good articles - one here and another here - explain the hormones that come into play when we don't get enough sleep. We really do tend to gain more weight during those times.

Have a great week, everyone, and be sure to get to bed early!

1 comment:

Polly @ Pieces by Polly said...

So I've been really terrible about checking in. You're doing great, though, Mom! Where is this weeks update?

Maybe I'll actually get a post up sometime this week. :)

We'd love to hear from you!

Want to write a guest post for The Skinny? E-mail Katie at kathleenann08 (at) gmail (dot) com.