Monday, May 2, 2011

Weekly Check-in

Good morning!

This is Lisa. Checking in to see how I did on my weekly goals.

They were:

1) Work on portion control.


2) Fruits and veg vs. cookies and ice cream and etc.


3) exercise for 1 hr. a day


And the results?


1) GOOD! I felt much more in control this week for the most part! I had to consciously think about not trying to eat as much as my husband and that helped. A lot. Also, drinking lots of water at meals helped. I think sometimes I'm actually thirsty when I think I'm hungry. Thanks to my mom for teaching my that little trick!


2)This went better. One night we "cleaned the sink" at Angie's (a local diner) and I was physically sick the whole night. There were three of us and it had been planned for a month or so, so I didn't feel bad celebrating. But I did go a little overboard. But we finished it!


3) Uh, this went ok. Could have been better. I got at least 30 minutes a day of walking, working in the garden, trudging up the hill to campus, so I feel pretty good about that.


With spring finally coming, it'll be easier to be outside, which for me equals happiness and shedding that winter weight. It's like coming out of hibernation. And spring is coming soon!!

1 comment:

Kathy Haynie said...

Good job Lisa! The warmer weather will help, but in the meantime, you are doing great about getting out and exercising! Portion control - I try to remind myself that my stomach is only about the size of my fist. I'm trying to cram how much into it??? Thinking about that helps me stay more in control about quantities.

We'd love to hear from you!

Want to write a guest post for The Skinny? E-mail Katie at kathleenann08 (at) gmail (dot) com.