So... I have a confession to make.
I sold our scale. Weeks ago.
As some of you already know, we're moving next month. We've decided that most of what we own is just junk anyway, so we're selling almost everything and just moving with what will fit in our car.* So when one of my good friends sent me a message on Facebook a little while back asking if we were selling our scale, I said yes. A few days later they came and got it and I haven't had any idea how much I weigh since then.
When one of my other good friends came over and took a tour of our empty apartment I was listing off some of the stuff we used to have in the bathroom and I mentioned that we had sold our scale. I was both surprised and delighted by her response of, "Don't you love not having a scale?"
I'll admit that up until her comment I had mostly been considering the lack of scale to be a source of guilt and a bit of a nuisance. But after her cheery comment about it being so great, I found myself instantly agreeing with her. The guilt remained since I've been blabbing about getting down to 135 by my birthday, but it has actually been a huge relief to have no idea how much I weigh. The truth is: I don't care.
As for my goal, I'd still like to meet it, but mostly because I'd like to slim down in general. But I'm coming to terms with the fact that it may not happen by my birthday. There are a lot of reasons why. Here are some:
- I no longer have a scale, so I'll have no idea if/when I reach my goal.
- I sold both strollers (i.e. a little tricky to go walking).**
- One of my good walking buddies moved. To Wisconsin.
- My other good walking buddy is enjoying her husband being home more... which means less time for walks.
- It has been raining. A lot.
- We have been buying Oreos. And I have been eating my fair share. And enjoying it.
- Our lives are currently on no kind of regular schedule so I often go a few days before I realize I haven't gone on a walk.
So, there you have it. Those are just a few of my lame excuses. Still, lame as they are, they are real. Anyway, to those of you still working on the goal to be 135 by my birthday, I commend you. Will I be meeting that goal with you? Who knows.
*Both my parents and Bryan's parents are being kind and driving some of our stuff out to us later this summer. And we've mailed about 5 boxes of books to ourselves via some nice friends who already live in the place we're moving to.
**This is actually a pretty lame excuse since a very nice friend has already offered to let me borrow hers. Also, we should be getting a new stroller I ordered tomorrow.