Friday, March 25, 2011

Lets make today a good one!

I ran! Well, kind of. I ran on the treadmill...I know a lot of people count that as the same as running outside; I don't but I consider it a great precursor! I have been doing the elliptical for two weeks as recommended by my doctor to get my insides firmed up and used to the extra movement, but today I jumped on the treadmill instead. (I was feeling pretty amazing after 6 hours of blissful, silent, uninterrupted sleep!) I was surprised at how quickly I found my rhythm again! The last time I ran (5 miles) was December 10th!

So there is hope...if you have skipped a workout one too many times and now think "I can't do it...it will be so hard to start back up...blah blah blah" GET OVER IT! You can do it! Get out there and get some exercise today! Statistics say the "average American" is about 20 pounds overweight...and you definitely don't want to be just "average" do you???

And in case you are in need of a quick dessert to satisfy those sweet cravings, here is one I have come to love!

There isn't really a name...should I take suggestions???

Cube angel food cake and put in pyrex (or something). Mix up one small box of sugar free vanilla pudding with 2 cups skim milk and wisk in about a 1/2 cup fat free sour cream. Pour over the angel food cake. Open a can of lite pie filling (so far blueberry and cherry have been the best) and pour on top of the pudding. Chill and serve! :)

1 comment:

Kathy Haynie said...

Good for you Alex. Your posts and comments really help me stay motivated. I ran on a treadmill last week for the first time (exercise room in a motel) - it was ok, but not as good as being outdoors. It was kind of fun to watch the numbers ticking by, though.

We'd love to hear from you!

Want to write a guest post for The Skinny? E-mail Katie at kathleenann08 (at) gmail (dot) com.