Friday, March 18, 2011

I've never been sorry that I went to the gym

So I am a new mother and still work from home...that means I am exhausted. My mind, my body, everything is tired. However I have started to get back to the gym a few days a week and you know what? Even though I am tired, I have never been sorry that I went to get a quick work out in! I always feel good afterwards and I think it gives me an extra boost of energy throughout the day. Plus it makes me happy and you know what they say....when momma is happy, everybody is happy! So if you are contemplating exercising today and can think of eight hundred reasons why you shouldn't, I get you...I have been there....but just do it! You will feel great later, I promise! :)

(Oh and yes I know I promised to come back with more healthy recipes for nursing mothers and everyone else, however the truth is that I am still figuring it out and have spent my few precious moments of non-baby time exercising or working from home rather than blogging...sorry. Someday!)

1 comment:

Kathy Haynie said...

Thank you Alex! This was perfect motivation for me today. I was thinking about staying indoors...but now I'm headed out for my run!

Hang in there. The new baby days don't last forever...in fact they go by so quickly...enjoy your precious little one!

We'd love to hear from you!

Want to write a guest post for The Skinny? E-mail Katie at kathleenann08 (at) gmail (dot) com.