Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Welcome to The Skinny!

Welcome to The Skinny! Here Kathy (my mom) and I will each update once a week (Katie (me) on Tuesdays and Kathy on Saturdays) on our progress, with a picture every other week. You can find our personal goals in the column on the left. Also in that column you can find a body mass index (BMI) calculator. Enter your information and look at the results to see if you'd like to lose some weight along with us! In addition to our weekly progress updates, you can look forward to lots of great recipes, tips, and other helpful thoughts on health, fitness, and weight loss from us and our friends. (If you're interested in writing a guest post, please e-mail me. You can find my e-mail address by clicking on my profile in the left hand column. Or just leave a comment on here with your e-mail address saying you'd like to do a guest post and I'll get in touch with you.)

Since I mentioned the idea on my regular blog quite a few of you expressed your own goals in wanting to be healthier and lose some weight. So I've been thinking about it a lot and I think it would be really fun to have this blog be a central place where a lot of us can report back to one another. I haven't quite figured out how to do it (if anybody has suggestions please leave a comment letting me know what they are), so for now I'll just say if you'd like to lose weight along with us, feel free to do it in the comment section. I'd love to have you post your current weight and how much you lose each week. So please do! And if anybody comes up with a cooler way we'll update the system then. Best of luck with your goals! I hope you'll come back and support us in ours! Have a great day!

No comments:

We'd love to hear from you!

Want to write a guest post for The Skinny? E-mail Katie at kathleenann08 (at) gmail (dot) com.