Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Kathy: Look for this at the Grocery Checkout

I've been working on menu plans that I'll be able to tell you about in my upcoming Saturday post...and then today as I went through the checkout line at the grocery store, the February issue of Prevention Magazine caught my eye. The "400 Calorie Fix" article aligns perfectly with the menu plans I have been making! Not sure whether that means I'm as smart as the folks at Prevention, or if they finally figured out how to be as smart as me!

Anyway, I've read about half of this little magazine this evening, and I'm liking it a lot. It has some easy, delicious menu ideas, a neat little tool to track portion size, a good list of options when you have to get fast food, some nifty exercise ideas...and there's more I haven't even read yet.

For $3.59, I feel like I've picked up a whole gaggle of good ideas for less than the cost of a hamburger.

Stay tuned for more about my menu plans on Saturday!

1 comment:

Katie Lewis said...

I am definitely going to pick one up next time I'm at the grocery store. And I'm really glad you posted this, if for no other reason than it makes it so my pictures aren't the first thing you see when the blog loads. :)

We'd love to hear from you!

Want to write a guest post for The Skinny? E-mail Katie at kathleenann08 (at) gmail (dot) com.