Saturday, June 4, 2011

Kathy Week 75: Looking for some motivation



Bleh. I weighed 140 pounds this morning. I think with the pressure off this last week...no more school play, no more house guests...I got a little careless. I have to admit that it didn't help that my secret pal in the play gave me several candy bars. Sigh.

I hope this isn't creeping middle age weight gain. I want to be healthy and fit! It's always tougher at the end of the school year, just because I'm worn out, and it's hard to resist chocolate and other yummy things.

Plus, we've had the wettest spring on record around here. Wet and cold. No fun. I know, I know, five months ago I said that I was going to go out running no matter what! But I confess my motivation has been slipping lately. The weather in Oregon doesn't usually bother me, but lately it's been getting me down!

Today? It's gorgeous out. We'll hit 85 degrees today, the first time all year. Yay yay yay yay!

I'm stuck indoors this morning, proctoring the S.A.T. at the high school, but the minute I'm done testing, I'm heading for the garden. Lots of yard work waiting for me--and lots of calories to burn!

I need some motivation-inspiration. Any ideas?

3 comments:

Dorothy said...

If you figure it out, let me know. :) My motivation has continual ebbs and flows throughout the year...or the day.

Polly @ Pieces by Polly said...

Yeah, I definitely need to find more motivation myself...

Tricia said...

Sign up for a race. That is always great motivation for me. Once I register and pay, I am committed to getting through it and in order not to suck to badly at the race at hand, I train. It works for me!!! Especially with a half marathon in 3 weeks. I've got to be able to keep up with my family!!!

We'd love to hear from you!

Want to write a guest post for The Skinny? E-mail Katie at kathleenann08 (at) gmail (dot) com.