Thursday, December 16, 2010

Katie: Weeks 50 & 51

Well, now, here's some unexpected progress!...

Current weight (Week 51): 130 pounds
Last week's weight (Week 50): 131 pounds
Total weight loss: 40 pounds


Man, oh man!  Sorry I haven't posted on time for two weeks in a row now!  I have been a busy little lady.  I always mean to post all day Tuesday and then somehow it just slips away from me.  Anyway, you may have noticed that I've gained back a couple of pounds.  So I'm just going to tell you the truth.  I haven't been watching what I eat or exercising a super great amount.  I love the holidays and I love all the food that comes with the festivities and I decided I'd rather work harder after the holidays are over than be cranky about giving up on good food and trying to be overly careful during this cheerful time of year.  So, sorry I'm not the best example right now, but that's the truth. 

And you know what?  I'm happy.  Not content to keep living this way forever and keep my pudgy tummy forever, but content to just enjoy the holiday season and then pick things up again later.  I am still going on walks when I can and I find that I still don't eat nearly as much as I used to, so I'm happy about that.  But with all that's been going on in our lives and some schedule changes we just haven't had time for a lot of running lately.  I hope we'll be able to pick that up again a little more after this week of craziness is over.  :)

And speaking of running...








I got some new running shoes!  I got them on a really great sale, so they were only $30.  Woot woot!  I've only been jogging in them once, but I've gone walking in them multiple times.  So far I like them a lot and I think they're better on my body than the old shoes.  And they're cuter than my old shoes.  :)  However, I am still having some soreness in the bottom of my big toes when I jog or do more intense walking in them.  Maybe it's my old orthodics in my new shoes?  I'm not sure.  But either way I at least feel better about having some new tread and a little more space between my feet and the pavement. 

Anyway, I am encouraged by the fact that I've been able to maintain my weight pretty well.  Since I haven't been watching what I eat and exercising as much I really haven't gone above 132 or below 130.  So I'm happy to be learning a little more about maintaining.  But hopefully after the holidays are over and we have a little more time (and a lot less sweets) I'll be able to work down to my goal weight and then maintain that.  :)

Oh yeah, and, just to let you know, I may or may not be posting next Tuesday.  We'll be with family and I'm not sure whether I'll be able to squeeze it in or not.  So in case I don't pop in next week...

Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Kathy Haynie said...

Ditto to what you say about relaxing a little during the holidays and getting back to weight-loss work in January. My thinking exactly! Love the new shoes!

Polly @ Pieces by Polly said...

I just got new walking shoes too. My other ones were totally shot. I'm planning on putting them to more use soon.

We'd love to hear from you!

Want to write a guest post for The Skinny? E-mail Katie at kathleenann08 (at) gmail (dot) com.